Join the 90 plus volunteers who lend a hand, for jobs large and small, to help make the Hoffman Center for the Arts thrive. Your time and skills are vital to our success. Plus, it’s a fun way to meet new people that care about the arts.
Check out the volunteer opportunities below. Whether you’re looking for a high-impact leadership role, prefer to work with a team, or have just little time you’d like to share, we’re excited to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Roles That Will Make the Biggest Difference:
Gallery Manager FILLED!!
The Gallery Manager oversees the operation of the Hoffman Gallery, including seeking out and scheduling art shows, recruiting and scheduling Gallery Sitters, and supporting sales.
- Seek out local and visiting artists for shows.
- Arrange receiving art and hanging the show
- Train Gallery Sitters in accepting payment: check, cash, Square or online via the hoffmanblog.org.
- Track art sales and report to book keeper and treasurer, and generate statement to pay artists.
- Organize and promote art openings as shows change over to encourage sales.
- Help the board develop a comprehensive fundraising plan
- Include a variety of ways to raise funds, including
- appeals, estate planning, social media, employer matching, etc.
- Work with the Grant Committee to help identify more foundations to approach
Fundraising Event Lead
- Seek out ideas for original fundraising events
- Develop a team to help launch those events.
- Engage and organize volunteers for programming and fundraising events
- Helping the board to identify key volunteer tasks and outline responsibilities
- Build a process for tracking volunteer hours (that’s easy for volunteers)
- Identify ways to ensure volunteers feel welcomed and appreciated
- Lead the team to put on the Volunteer Appreciation Event.
Event Technical Support Crew
- Assist with setting up the Center for events
- Operate associated audio, video and/or lighting systems during events (will train)
- Assist with restoring the Center after events
- Troubleshoot technical equipment.
Music Program Champion: FILLED!!!
- Put together a team to start this important program from the ground up
- Identify and recruit performers that are a good fit for the space and the community
- Work with the Grant Committee to find funding sources, especially for start up
- Provide information and materials to the Communications Committee to publicize events
- Open and set up for performers, including sound checks.
Social Media Champion FILLED!!!
- Post Hoffman activities and workshops on the Facebook page
- Look for ways to increase social media engagement with current platforms
- Identify other social media avenues that work well to promote an arts organization like the Hoffman Center for the Arts
Join one of our standing committees:
Hoffman Gardens (chair: Madeline Olson)
- Participate in periodic weeding parties to keep the Gardens looking good.
- Get on the watering schedule during the summer months.
Programming Committee (chair: Toni Greening)
- Review proposals from prospective instructors and performers and make recommendations to the board.
- Identify opportunities for additional programming
- Recruit champions to implement new programs
- Supply Communication Committee with information and materials to publicize programming
- Track results and evaluations to further inform the committee and the board for future programming.
Communication Committee (chair: Ceci Lauerman)
- Write and distribute press releases to relevant media
- Design flyers for events and workshops
- Support special projects like appeal mailings, annual reports, event invitations, etc.
Grant Committee (chair: Marcia Silver)
- Identify funding sources that are a good fit
- Work with the board and committees to identify relevant projects that could use funding from grants
- Work with project champions to develop narrative and budget for grant applications
Smaller, but Vital Tasks:
- Post flyers around Manzanita, Nehalem, and Wheeler
- Take admission at events
- Gallery sitter for art shows (Fridays 2 to 4pm)
- Set up the center for events and workshops
- Fold letters and stuff envelopes two or three times a year
- Serve as greeter for fundraising events.