More than ever, the arts play an important role in our community!
“I often tell my friends and former colleagues—from all over the country—that one of the best reasons to visit or live in Manzanita and the surrounding villages, is the fact that there’s a community art center here that is integral to the very spirit of the North OR Coast. The Hoffman Center is an ideal place to explore one’s creativity and make deep connections with others.”
~ Kathryn Stock, Nike Retiree & Manzanita resident
All of us at the Hoffman Center for the Arts are committed to providing an inspiring and welcoming place to explore, create, and connect with others. Along with the many dedicated volunteers, we need your help to make that happen.
More Programming than Ever
This year we’ve grown our programs, adding more classes and opportunities for people to participate in the arts. We are delighted to reach locals who enjoy frequent working sessions in the Clay Studio, as well visitors who come to the area for a writing or art retreat as a creative respite from their busy lives. Here are some notable accomplishments this year:
· Added Clay Studio classes in techniques for beginners and experts; increasing the number of visitors along with the volume of visits per person and collaborative work on projects such as the totem installation in the Hoffman Garden
· Increased visual arts classes in sketching and drawing, watercolor, encaustic, and more
· Added more workshops as part of the Manzanita Writers’ Series and increased the size of our North Coast Squid literary journal
· Introduced a new community-driven discussion series: The Art of Aging & The Art of Dying
· Expanded our art shows—including a new Quilt & Fiber Arts Show and the Kathleen Ryan Art Retrospective Exhibit—and began offering Open Gallery hours on Fridays
Continuing the Momentum: 2017 & Beyond
With your help, we’ll continue to develop valuable programming that meets the interests of our community. We’ll also continue to strengthen the organization by adding talent to our board and operating committees, further improving processes, and managing our finances with a goal to accelerate paying down our mortgage.
To be successful going forward, we need you to be a part of this important work.. Whether it’s a yearly membership of $25 or more, a sustaining donation of $50 or more per month or a one-time donation, every contribution ensures our continued high-quality programming and gets us closer to our long-term goals.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 503-368-3846 if you have any questions or would like to discuss your donation with a member of our Board.