Come out for a tour, talk to volunteers involved in the various activities, both long-running and new. Representatives will be available at information displays to answer questions you have about programs: Film Series, Manzanita Writers’ Series, the North Coast Squid Literary Journal, Clay Studio, Music Events, and The Art of Aging, Art of Dying Series.
Hoffapalooza will include an art show by Clay Studio Artists, and displays from the Word & Image event, Film Series, and art by students who have taken visual arts classes held at the Center during the past year. You’ll also get to watch artists demonstrate their craft.
Step into the Clay Studio for more demonstrations. In the Writing Lounge area, try your hand at “On-the-Spot-Poetry,” magnetic poetry, to be published. All magnetic poetry will be photographed and included in a book for sale as a fundraiser.
Refreshments and cold beverages will be served at the open house.
Leading up to September 3, raffle tickets for a variety of prizes will be on sale every Friday from 5 to 8, in front of Polaris Art Gallery, on Laneda near the Farmer’s Market, as well as at HCA events. Raffle tickets will be available throughout the day on September 3d as well.
• 2 entrees at Blackbird ($60 value)
• Inn at Manzanita – one night’s stay
• Spindrift Motel – one night’s stay
• Cloud and Leaf – gift certificate for $50
• El Trio Loco – gift certificate for $ 30
• Admission for the “Season” of Manzanita Writers’ Series ($42 value)
• Silk Scarf from Syzygy
• Souvenir Book from Manzanita News & Espresso
• Handmade Vase from Finnestere ($495 value)
• $50 Gift Certificate to San Dune Pub (x2)
• $25 Gift Certificate to Bread & Ocean (x2)
• $30 Gift Certificate at Manzanita Lumber
• $50 Gift Certificate at Angelina
• $50 Gift Certificate at Spa Manzanita (x2)
• Allan Olson’s bowl ($40 value)
• Gift Bag of items from T-Spot
and more prizes are added every week! Check out the Silent Auction September 3rd. You’ll have a chance to bid on a fun creativity experience for you and a group of friends, from a wheel/handbuilding class in the Clay Studio to a Writing Workshop to a Botanical Drawing Art Workshop, to a Washboard Music Class.
The raffle drawing and silent auction winners will be announced throughout the Hoffapalooza event. You do not need to be present to win.
Save the date! Stop by and find out what’s new at HCA: Sat. Sept 3rd, 1 to 4PM for Hoffapalooza.